Spicy Avocado Hummus Taquitos
Plan for: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 8oz tub HOPE Spicy Avocado or Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ½-1 tsp of sriracha, to taste (optional, add more for additional spice)
- salt + pepper, to taste
- additional spices: garlic powder, paprika, cumin, to taste
- 12 corn or flour tortillas
- For the filling: In a bowl, add 1 8oz tub of HOPE Spicy Avocado Hummus, sriracha (if using) and mashed avocado. Season with salt and pepper and additional spices if desired. Stir to combine.
- To make the taquitos: wrap the tortillas in paper towels and microwave for about a min to make them more pliable. Scoop 2 tablespoons of spicy avocado filling on to the tortillas and roll tightly. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- To Bake: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place taquitos on a prepared baking sheet. Brush with oil. Bake until golden, about 20-25 min. turning halfway through for an even cook.
- To Fry: add ½ C of oil to a large skillet over medium high heat until hot and shimmering. Working in batches, add 4-5 taquitos (one even layer) to the pan. Fry for 4-5 min, rotating each taquito throughout until evenly browned. Repeat with remaining taquitos.
- To Air Fry: Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Brush taquitos with oil. Place in a single layer in the basket. Cook until golden brown, 12-15 min, turning halfway through for an even cook.
- To serve: garnish with fresh herbs, pico de gallo, and serve with additional HOPE hummus for dipping!