Vegan Breakfast Flatbread
Plan for: 10 minutes
Yield: 6-8 Slices or 3-4 servings
- 1 8oz tub of Hope Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus
- 1 Pre-baked flatbread (make your own or use store-bought)
- Vegan egg substitute (We love JUST egg, can also do a tofu scramble)
- Plant-based chorizo (We love Abbot’s Butcher)
- Sautéed red onion and peppers
Garnish: sliced jalapenos, fresh cilantro
Blender cilantro lime hummus sauce: ½ tub of Hope Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus, juice of 1 line, handful of cilantro, 2-4 tbsp of olive oil, blend until smooth
- Cook the flatbread as directed or make your own.
- While the flatbread is cooking—sauté peppers and onions for 3-4 min, add plant-based chorizo over medium heat, cook until browned. Pour the egg substitute into a skillet over medium high heat, pull across the pan and allow the mixture to set until the liquid is cooked through.
- Make the cilantro lime hummus blender sauce: add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Assemble the flatbread: Spread HOPE Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus onto your cooked and slightly cooled flatbread. Top with egg substitute, peppers, onions, and plant-based chorizo, garnish with fresh cilantro and jalapenos. Drizzle the cilantro lime hummus sauce over the flatbread (optional). Cut into slices and serve.