Frito Pies with Cast Iron/ or Instant Pot Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus Chili
Plan for: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp HOPE Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus
- Bags of Frito brand chips (can use any chips for this but we like to eat it out of the bag!)
- 2 Garlic cloves. minced
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 1 Sweet Potato, peeled and diced small
- 1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- ½ C fresh or frozen corn
- Spices: 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon paprika, salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese, diced jalapenos, fresh herbs—cilantro, green onions, avocado, lime wedge
- For the chili: Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil, allow the pot to warm, Add onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until fragrant. Add spices, and red pepper. Cook for another 2-3 min. Next, add the Hope Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus, sweet potato, tomatoes, beans and corn. Stir to combine. Secure the Instant Pot lid in it’s sealing position and select 15 min, manual setting, at high pressure. Once the cook time ends, switch to the venting position and let the steam release the pressure (quick release) , open the lid. *note: this recipe can be made in a heavy-bottom pan on a stovetop as well, follow as directed eliminating the Instant Pot settings, cooking at medium heat for 20-30 min.
- How to Build Your Frito Pie: Open your bag of Fritos, ladle the Jalapeno Cilantro Chili into the bag, top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy straight from the bag!