Vegan Carrot Dogs with Hummus, easy + vegan
Plan for: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 “bun size” carrots, peeled
- 6 hot dog buns
- ½ C of soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 C Red and green cabbage, shredded
- ¼ C Carrots, shredded
- ¼ jalapeno (optional), chopped
- lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- salt + pepper, to taste
- vegan mayo to taste
Top with a generous spoonful of HOPE Thai Coconut Curry Hummus
- Peel the carrots and place into a pot of boiling water over medium high heat. Boil until tender, *but not overly tender, about 12-15 min.
- Make a quick marinade of soy sauce (or tamari), garlic powder, onion powder, and liquid smoke (optional, but does give it that smoky flavor), add to a reusable stasher bag along with the cooked carrots and marinate for 1 hr to overnight.
- Make the slaw— mix ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Toss until well combined and season with fresh lime juice, salt and pepper to taste,
- When ready to serve— remove the carrots from the marinade and cook on a grill pan or outdoor grill over medium high heat for 5-10 min per side.
- Assemble your hot dog. Top with slaw and HOPE Thai Coconut Curry Hummus. So good!!