Thai Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup, Dairy-Free + Vegan
Plan for: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 T olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans (15-oz) pumpkin puree
1/4 cup HOPE Thai Coconut Curry Hummus
1/2 tsp curry powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp. ground ginger, ½ tsp salt
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 cup coconut milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
Garnish with chopped cilantro, lime juice, pumpkin seeds, and coconut cream
- Heat oil in a saucepan at medium-high heat. Cook onion for ~5 min until translucent stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, ~1 min.
- Add pumpkin, hummus, and spices. Cook for ~3 min, stirring to combine.
- Add broth, stir, and cover. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low and let
simmer for 10-15 min.
- Remove from heat and let stand ~5 min. Blend soup in a high-speed blender or with an immersion blender.
- Return to medium heat and stir in coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper to
taste. Cook for ~5 min, until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot and garnish with cilantro, coconut cream, and/or pumpkin seeds if desired.