Vegan Beet Poke Bowl
Plan for: 30 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
- Sushi rice or grain of choice, cook as directed
- HOPE Avocado Lime Hummus
- 3 Beets, cooked and cut into ½ inch pieces
- Radish, sliced thin
- Cucumber, peeled and sliced into rounds
- Carrot, ribbons
- Edamame, shelled
- Poke Marinade: 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp avocado oil, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoons fresh grated ginger, 1 tablespoon of agave,
- Peanut Sauce Dressing: 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 tbsp hummus, 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp siracha (optional), water, to thin
- Garnish: scallions, mint, sesame seeds, chopped peanuts
- Cook rice as directed.
- Make the beet poke– cut cooked beets into ½ inch pieces, set aside. In a bowl combine all poke marinade ingredients, whisk until combined, add beets and toss until covered, Add sesame seeds and scallions to taste, toss again. Marinate in the fridge for 15 min or up to a day.
- Prep the veggies– chop radish and cucumber, make carrot ribbons with a peeler, slice avocado, shell edamame (if necessary), chop peanuts.
- Make the peanut dressing– combine peanut butter, hummus, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sriracha (optional), and thin with water if needed. Whisk together until combined.
Assemble the poke bowl— add cooked rice, prepped veggies, hummus and marinated tuna to a bowl, garnish with scallions, mint and sesame seeds.
- Pour the peanut dressing over the salad. Add gradually to taste. Enjoy!