Elote-Style Hummus Quesadillas
Plan for: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- HOPE Avocado Lime Hummus
- Large Tortilla, flour, whole wheat, spinach, etc will work
- ¼- ½ C Cotija Cheese
- ¼- ½ C Shredded Cheese, we used Manchego *this cheese can be found at any Mexican grocery stores or many larger chain stores, can be subbed for Monterey Jack or Mozzarella!
For the Corn Mixture:
- ½ C Fresh or Frozen Corn, cooked and cut from the cob, or rinsed
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced, seeds removed (optional)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp Tajin seasoning or chili powder (optional)
salt + pepper to taste
Garnish: fresh cilantro, limes, and avocado slices, additional HOPE hummus!
- To make the Corn Mixture– In a saucepan over medium high heat add a drizzle of olive oil to coat the pan. Add red onion, garlic, and jalapeno. Cook for a few min until fragrant. Add the cooked corn and spices to taste. Cook for an additional 4-5min. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make the Quesadilla—lay the tortilla flat on a cutting board and make a cut from the outside edge to the middle. Smear the hummus on ¼ of the tortilla, next sprinkle the cotija cheese, then the corn mixture and finish with an additional sprinkle of shredded cheese into the final quarter section of the tortilla. Fold them together creating a folded triangle shape. Cook the quesadilla on a greased pan (or use a grill press) a few min per side or until golden brown.
- To Serve—garnish with fresh herbs, limes, avocado or guacamole. Dip in additional Hope hummus! So yummy!