Thai Pumpkin Coconut Curry
Plan for: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and minced
- 2 cups pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup HOPE Thai
- Coconut Curry Hummus
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Peanuts, chopped (for garnish)
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and sauté for about 3-4 minutes until it starts to softenAdd minced ginger and garlic, followed by the minced jalapeño and spices. Sauté for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in the cubed pumpkin or butternut squash, sliced red bell pepper, and broccoli florets. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add HOPE Thai Coconut Curry Hummus and coconut milk to the pan.
- Stir until the hummus is well incorporated into the coconut milk and the sauce is smooth.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and let the curry simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed, adding more salt or chili powder according to your preference.
- Serve over cooked rice and garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and peanuts and ENJOY!