Root to Steam + Vegetable Scrap Sheet Pan Stir Fry with Roasted Garlic Mongolian Glazed Plant-Based Meatballs
Plan for: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
For the Stir Fry:
Assorted Vegetables chopped and prepared – We used root to steam vegetables and leftover vegetable scraps we had on hand to help reduce food waste! Here’s what’s in our stir fry:
- Cremini Mushrooms
- Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
- Snap Peas
- Bok Choy
Mongolian “Meatless” Plant-Based Meatballs:
- Beyond Meat, Impossible or Pure Farmland brand Plant-Based Meatless Meatballs
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 1/2 C soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 C HOPE Roasted Garlic Cashew & Almond Dip
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- ½ C water
- pinch of red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
Serve with a side of leftover rice (put that leftover take-out rice to good use!)
- Any herbs you need to use up! cilantro, green onions, and mint, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- For the sauce—add all sauce ingredients to a small sauce pan over medium heat and whisk to combine (make sure the corn starch is fully incorporated and not clumpy). Continue to stir constantly until sauce has thickened slightly. Add more water if necessary. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few min.
- In two bowls, add the prepared vegetables to one, and plant-based meatballs to another. Pour half of the sauce into the vegetable bowl and the remaining into the meatball bowl. Toss to coat evenly with the sauce. Save any remaining sauce for serving.
- On a lined or greased sheet pan add vegetables and plant-based meatballs spacing them out in a single layer. Place in oven and cook for 18-20 min.
- To serve: garnish with fresh herbs and serve with leftover rice! Delicious!