Rainbow Curry Hummus Collard Wraps with Everything Bagel Crispy Tofu, Gluten-Free + Vegan
Plan for: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- HOPE Thai Coconut Curry Hummus
- 3-4 large collard green leaves *depends on serving size
- A combination of vegetables, we used: carrots, golden beets, watermelon radish, red cabbage, avocado and mango
- Everything Bagel Crispy Tofu (recipe follows)
- Fresh garnishes: mint, cilantro, green onions, lime wedge
For the Everything Bagel Crispy Tofu
- 1 14oz block extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp Reduced Sodium Tamari
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1-2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
- 2 tbsp oil * we recommend coconut, avocado, or canola
Wash, clean and prep vegetables, including the collard greens. Remove any large stems from the collards or shave down using a vegetable peeler for easy rolling.
Place the collard wraps on a flat surface or cutting board. Spread about 2 tbsp of hummus down the center of each leaf about 3/4 the way up. Next, top with everything bagel tofu and vegetables.
To fold: fold in on each side, then take the edge closest to you and roll as tightly as possible.
Repeat for desired serving size. To serve, cut with a sharp knife and serve with additional HOPE Thai Coconut Curry Hummus. Garnish with fresh herbs and a lime wedge.
Directions for the Everything Bagel Crispy Tofu:
- Drain the liquid from the tofu and “press” out any excess by putting it on a plate, placing a few paper towels on the top and bottom and placing something heaving on top like a cast iron skillet for 15-30 min.
- In a medium bowl, add cornstarch, tamari and everything bagel seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes and gently toss in cornstarch mixture, evenly coating it.
- In a skillet over medium high heat add the oil, Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned tofu. Flip the cubes until golden brown on all sides. This takes about 12-15 min
- Remove the tofu and add additional seasoning and green onions if desired.