Rainbow Chopped Jar Salad
Plan for: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted almonds or peanuts
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons Hope Thai Coconut Curry Hummus
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
Prepare the dressing by combining soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, lime juice, and Thai Coconut Curry Hummus in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid. Close the lid tightly and shake the jar vigorously until all the ingredients are well combined.
Start assembling the salad in mason jars. Begin by pouring 1-2 tablespoons of the dressing into the bottom of each jar.
Layer the ingredients in the following order: shredded red cabbage, chopped cucumber, julienned carrot, chopped red bell pepper, chopped mango, shredded green cabbage, chopped scallions, chopped fresh mint leaves, and chopped roasted almonds (or peanuts) and sesame seeds.
Seal the jars tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.
When you’re ready to eat, give the jar a good shake to distribute the dressing and enjoy it straight from the jar or pour it into a bowl.
Note: Mason jar salads can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.