Jalapeño Popper Vegan “Cheese” Ball
Plan for: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2-3 tbsp HOPE Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus
- 1 8 oz tub Vegan Cream Cheese (we love Treeline!)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Whole and sliced raw, unsalted almonds, for decorating
- Fresh rosemary and thyme sprigs and sugared cranberries, for garnish
- Make the Cheese Ball mixture — In a medium sized bowl, add hummus, cream cheese, jalapeno, jalapeno, garlic and onion powders, nutritional yeast and salt + pepper. Beat with an electric mixer or in a food processor until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Decorate the Cheese Ball—remove the “cheese” mixture from the refrigerator. On a serving platter or cutting board, shape the cheese into 2 cone shapes. Press the almonds into the cheese cone until it’s completely covered and resembles a pinecone. Place rosemary and thyme sprigs, and sugared cranberries at the top to resemble pine needles and berries. Serve with raw veggies and crackers. So festive!