Dark Chocolate Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Cake
Plan for: 3 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
8oz Dark Chocolate Hope Hummus
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 cup vegan butter
3 tbsp aquafaba
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 pint SoDelicious Very Vanilla Cashew Ice Cream
1 pint SoDelicious Snickerdoodle Cashew Ice Cream
1/2 tub SoDelicious Original CocoWhip
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 8 inch round springform pan with coconut oil.
- Whisk together the dry cake ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar and let it sit for a few minutes to thicken. Melt the almond milk + apple cider vinegar mixture with vanilla, aquafaba, vegan butter and 4oz dark chocolate hummus over low heat until butter has just melted (do not simmer or boil).
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until a soft dough forms. Pour 3/4 of the mixture into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Pop the cake out of the pan and allow to cool completely.
- Pour the rest of the cake mixture into the pan and bake your second (smaller) cake for 20-25 min.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool (this will be your crunchy chocolate crumble layer).
- Remove Snickerdoodle ice cream from freezer and let soften for 15-30 min. Using the same springform pan, line with plastic wrap and fill with softened ice cream. Smooth with rubber spatula and put in freezer for 2 hours. Remove Snickerdoodle ice cream layer and keep wrapped in plastic wrap in freezer while you prep the Vanilla layer the same way.
- For the crunchy chocolate crumble layer, smash smaller cake into crumbles. Toss with melted coconut oil until slightly moist and bake at 350°F for 12 min. Let crunchy crumbles cool and then mix with 4oz dark chocolate hummus.
- Stack Snickerdoodle ice cream layer on top of larger cake. Spread crunchy crumble mixture on top of ice cream and then place vanilla layer on top. Put back in freezer.
- Remove CocoWhip from freezer and let soften for 10 min. Using a rubber spatula, spread CocoWhip evenly all over cake as frosting. Top with extra crunchy crumbles or chocolate chips! Freeze for 30 min before eating.