3 tbsp aquafaba (the liquid left over in a can of chickpeas)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground espresso
1/2 almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegan butter
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
vegan food glitter or sprinkles
3 tbs almond milk
vegan natural food dye (red and blue)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a donut tray with coconut oil or vegan butter.
2. Whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together almond milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for a few minutes to thicken.
3. Melt the almond milk + apple cider vinegar mixture with vanilla, aquafaba, vegan butter, and Dark Chocolate Coconut Hummus over low heat until butter has just melted (do not simmer or boil).
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients until a soft dough forms. Pipe the mixture into the donut pan and bake for 8-10 minutes.
5. Pop them out of the molds and allow to cool completely before icing.
6. For the icing, whisk together melted coconut oil and almond milk. Slowly begin to whisk the powdered sugar until you reach desired consistency.
7. To achieve the galaxy effect, diverse drops of food dye around the white icing and swirl with a spoon. Dip and twirl a donut halfway into the icing and gently slide it out. Dust with vegan food glitter and let harden.
You like this recipe? You might enjoy these as well!