Dark Chocolate Coconut Galaxy Donuts
Plan for: 1 hour
Yield: 12 servings
1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Coconut Hope Hummus
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup raw cane sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1tsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp aquafaba (the liquid left over in a can of chickpeas)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground espresso
1/2 almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegan butter
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
vegan food glitter or sprinkles
3 tbs almond milk
vegan natural food dye (red and blue)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a donut tray with coconut oil or vegan butter.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together almond milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for a few minutes to thicken.
- Melt the almond milk + apple cider vinegar mixture with vanilla, aquafaba, vegan butter, and Dark Chocolate Coconut Hummus over low heat until butter has just melted (do not simmer or boil).
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until a soft dough forms. Pipe the mixture into the donut pan and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Pop them out of the molds and allow to cool completely before icing.
- For the icing, whisk together melted coconut oil and almond milk. Slowly begin to whisk the powdered sugar until you reach desired consistency.
- To achieve the galaxy effect, diverse drops of food dye around the white icing and swirl with a spoon. Dip and twirl a donut halfway into the icing and gently slide it out. Dust with vegan food glitter and let harden.