Crispy Smashed Potatoes with HOPE Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus
Plan for: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 lbs small yellow. red, gold potatoes
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- spices: 1-2 tsp salt, ¼ tsp garlic powder, black pepper, to taste
- HOPE Jalapeno Cilañtro Hummus
- Cilantro, chopped
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Jalapeno, sliced
- Plant-based shredded cheese (we used Violife!)
Wash and drain the potatoes. Add them to a large pot of water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked through. You should be able to pierce them easily with a fork.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Drain the potatoes and pat dry. Add them to a large bowl and season with olive oil and spices. Toss until fully coated. Place each potato onto a greased baking sheet making sure they are evenly spaced. Use the back of a glass, jar or potato masher to smash them down until they are about ¼ inch thick. Cook for ~25-35 minutes or until beautifully golden and crispy. Remove from the oven and add additional seasoning if needed.
To serve– Top the crispy smashed potatoes with a spoonful of HOPE Jalapeno Cilañtro hummus, cilantro, red pepper flakes, plant-based-cheese and a slice of jalapeno. YUM!
* Note: these can also be made in the air-fryer!