Chocolate Swirl Donuts
Plan for: 3 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Hope Hummus
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup raw cane sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1tsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp aquafaba (the liquid left over in a can of chickpeas)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tbs almond milk
3 tbsp cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a donut tray with coconut oil.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together almond milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for a few minutes to thicken.
- Melt the almond milk + apple cider vinegar mixture with vanilla, aquafaba, coconut oil, and Dark Chocolate Hummus over low heat until oil has just melted (do not simmer or boil).
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until a soft dough forms. Pipe the mixture into the donut pan and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Pop them out of the molds and allow to cool completely before icing.
- For the frosting, whisk together melted coconut oil and almond milk. Slowly begin to whisk the powdered sugar until you reach desired consistency. Split in half and mix the cacao powder with 1/2 of the frosting.
- To achieve the swirl effect, pour the white frosting into the cacao mixture and swirl with a spoon. Dip and twirl a donut halfway into the frosting and gently slide it out. Keep in the fridge for 1 week!