Air-Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes with HOPE Spinach Artichoke Cashew & Almond Dipping Sauce
Plan for: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2-3 Green Tomatoes, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 C flour
- spices: 1 tsp salt, Cajun seasoning, black pepper to taste
- ½ C panko bread crumbs
- ½ C cornmeal
- ½ C milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- HOPE Spinach Artichoke Cashew & Almond Dip
- Slice the tomatoes. In three separate bowls add, flour + spices to one bowl, eggs and milk to another, and panko + corn meal to another. Dredge the tomato slices, coating both sides in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture and the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat until all tomatoes are well coated.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Brush with olive oil or cooking spray and set the breaded tomato slices in the basket. Do not overlap tomatoes and make sure they are evenly spaced. Cook for ~12 minutes or until beautifully golden. Repeat in batches until all tomatoes are fried.
- Serve warm with HOPE Spinach Artichoke Cashew & Almond Dip as your dipping sauce!
Note: If you don’t have an airy fryer, simply fry the tomatoes a large skillet or dutch oven—pour ½ inch of vegetable oil into your pan, heat over medium heat and fry in batches until golden