Air-Fryer Churros with HOPE Cashew & Almond Dipping Sauce, Vegan
Plan for: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1 stick vegan butter (or regular! The vegan butter is normally a bit denser,
but it works with the crisp-yet-tender churro texture)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ C Sugar
- 1 T Cinnamon
- 1 tub Hope Chocolate Cashew & Almond Dip, divided in 2
FOR FILLING (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt
- 4 tbsp whipped coconut cream
- 4 tbsp coconut milk (to taste/desired consistency)
- Simmer water, butter together in saucepan and vigorously stir in flour, cooking until mixture is thick. Take off heat and beat the mixture, stirring in vanilla and eggs one at a time once the mixture has cooled down slightly.
- Let rest. Preheat air fryer to 375. Pipe the dough from a bag into strips straight into your air fryer, and cook for ~10 minutes or until beautifully golden.
- Toss straight from air fryer into a mix of melted coconut oil + cinnamon sugar!
- Filling (optional): Meanwhile, fold coconut cream and yogurt into 1/2 tub of Hope Chocolate Cashew & Almond Dip. Poke a hole in each of the churros with a chopstick and wiggle it around to get a hollow space, and stuff it with the chocolate filling!
- Heat up the remaining chocolate dip and thin it with coconut milk until you reach desired melty consistency. Dunk churros and enjoy!!!
TIP: Dunk half of your churro in the chocolate dip and sprinkle with nuts, candy, or colored sugar for a festive touch!