Hummus BBQ “Rib” Skewers
Hummus BBQ "Rib" Skewers
Plan for: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus BBQ Sauce:
- In a blender add: ¼ C HOPE Red Pepper Hummus
- ½ C Ketchup
- ½ tsp of — chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika
- 1 ½ tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 2-3 dashes of liquid smoke (optional) blend until smooth
For the skewers:
- 2 8 oz packages of tempeh, cut into bite-size cubes
- Red Onion
- Bell Peppers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Make the Roasted Red Pepper BBQ sauce: place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, pour the BBQ sauce over the tempeh cubes and marinate for 30 min or overnight in the refrigerator
- Assemble the skewers alternating between vegetables and tempeh. If using wooden skewers be sure to soak 30 min before using.
- To Grill: Cook over medium high heat for 8-12 min until lightly charred, flipping halfway through. Brush with additional BBQ marinade before and after cooking.
- To Bake: Place the skewers on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 12-15 min, turn halfway through for an even cook. If additional browning is desired, turn to the broil setting for a few minutes (watch closely so it doesn’t get too dark). Remove from oven and brush with additional marinade.