Tired of all this cold weather? Already working on your summer bod? After long months of chilly winter, we don’t need Punxsutawney Phil to tell us that spring is around the corner! And as many of us are following up on New Year’s resolutions to hit the gym and commit to their spring diet, it makes sense that we’re hearing requests for nutritious and easy spring recipes
After all, hummus is a proven diet superfood. In the last 15 years, hummus’ incredible health benefits and delicious flavor have raised it from its status as a Mediterranean cultural dip to a worldwide phenomenon with sales of close to $1 billion annually! Additionally, the versatility of hummus makes it a great choice for a wide range of healthy spring diets
- Weight Loss – With tons of fiber and great nutrient density, hummus paired with veggies is a great way to make a filling yet low-calorie meal.
- Athletic Training – Hummus contains muscle building protein, complex carbs, and heart-healthy fats, all of which keep your body moving.
- Ketogenic – In moderation, and in certain types of keto diets, hummus is a flavorful addition to a low-carb diet.
- Vegetarian/Vegan – Nearly all hummus is 100% plant-based, so all of its health benefits are guaranteed to be free of animal products.
- Whole Food – The highest-quality hummus brands use only healthy ingredients—no dangerous and synthetic additives or preservatives, no less-healthy substitutes for extra virgin olive oil, and no pasteurization.
Getting the picture? No matter what food choices you’re making, hummus is perfect for your spring diet. Not to mention that it’s also available in a ton of delicious and creative flavors, so you can pair it or prepare it with just about anything!
But before we get to your recipes, it’s important that you know how to assess the right brands of hummus for your spring diet.
Choosing Healthy Hummus for Your Spring Recipes
As you may be aware, not all hummus brands are made equal. Some of the biggest names in hummus game are cashing in on hummus’ healthy reputation, but skimping on the very things that make it so nutritious! So, to keep you happy and healthy with your new spring diet, we’ve assembled these helpful criteria to make sure you don’t fall victim to the ol’ bait and switch. A quality hummus meets these standards:
- USDA Certified Organic — certified from seed to shelf to be free of unhealthy additives and pesticides.
- High Pressure Processed — preserved without high heat or synthetic preservatives, for the freshest flavor available.
- Made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil — high in Omega-3 fatty acids, EVOO is healthier than regular olive oil, sunflower or canola oil.
If your hummus meets these standards, you know it’s right for your spring recipes. But with all the inventive flavor combos to choose from, we thought we’d give you a few creative ideas to enliven your spring diet!
Healthy and Easy Spring Recipes
To bring you this list of spring recipes, we took our inspiration from our HOPE Kitchen and Instagram foodie community—which are both awesome resources if you need more spring diet ideas! You’ll find hundreds of yummy options to choose from, all using USDA Certified Organic, High Pressure Processed, and EVOO-filled HOPE Hummus. You’re sure to find whatever tasty treat you’re looking for
Nothing says springtime like rich greens! These slices of whole wheat toast are layered with Original Recipe hummus, then topped with avocado, radish, seedless cucumber, dill, mint, olive oil, and sea salt. Beautifully colored and elegantly simple, this veggie-laden avocado toast just had to make our list of healthy and easy spring recipes.
Take your taste buds south of the border with this delicious and nutritious combination of quinoa, red bell pepper, corn, cilantro, and black beans. This easy spring recipe is paired with a fresh pica and either Spicy Avocado or Jalapeño Cilantro hummus.
Exotic spring recipes are our fave… like this Thai-inspired rice bowl! Top a serving of rice with colorful veggies like cauliflower, red cabbage, cilantro, kale, bell pepper, and avocado, then add a tangy/sweet sauce made with Thai Coconut Curry Hummus, lime juice, coconut milk, and nut butter! We’re literally drooling right now.
Every spring diet needs a healthy lunch. This power-packed sandwich stacks a hero bun with tomato, cucumber, avocado, pea shoots, fresh basil, and salt and spices. Then to top it off, add your favorite hummus flavor… we recommend something unique, like or Red Pepper or Jalapeño Red!
Spring recipes like these will ensure that you get your spring diet off to a great start, especially when you use a premium hummus like HOPE. Take the HOPE Challenge: buy one of our delicious flavors today, try it out, and see if it’s not the best hummus you’ve ever tasted. Heck, you already know it’s healthy…