Roasted Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Plan for: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings
8 oz Original Recipe Hope Hummus
1 head cauliflower
4 cloves garlic
1 yellow onion
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 cups water (+ more as needed)
2 tbsp thyme
salt + pepper to taste
optional: crispy chickpeas and thyme for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Chop cauliflower into florets and arrange with peeled garlic cloves on a baking sheet. Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 – 25 minutes until the cauliflower is starting to brown. Allow the veggies to cool slightly then add them to a high powered blender with 1/2 cup water and hummus, blend until smooth.
- While cauliflower is roasting, chop onion and saute on medium heat with olive oil until translucent. Add water and seasonings and simmer until blended cauliflower mixture is ready.
- Pour blended cauliflower into soup and simmer for 20 minutes to thicken. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve warm topped with extra thyme, crispy chickpeas, hummus, cayenne, red pepper flakes or olive oil!