Black Garlic Heirloom Tomato Galette with Collagen Crust
Plan for: 2 hours
Yield: 8-10 servings
2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 tsp salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
4 oz Black Garlic Hope Hummus
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
salt and pepper
6 fresh thyme sprigs, chopped
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil
2 small to medium heirloom tomatoes sliced
1 cherry tomatoes, halved
extra virgin olive oil
honey to drizzle
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the collagen peptides, flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper. Pulse once or twice to combine. Add the butter and pulse until you end up with small pieces of butter, similar to the size of rice. Add 1/4 cup ice water to the dough and pulse until it comes together. Turn the dough onto a floured work surface, knead a couple of times and then form the dough into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Add 1 tsp olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until the onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Continue to cook until the onions are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chopped thyme.
- Get your dough from the fridge. Flour a work surface and roll the dough to about 1/8 inch thickness. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the hummus over the bottom of the dough, leaving about a 2 inch border around the edges. Sprinkle the blue cheese and parmesan over the hummus layer. Add the caramelized onions and then layer basil and tomato slices. Drizzle the top with honey, olive oil, salt and pepper. Fold the edge of the dough over the tomatoes and brush the crust with the egg. (You can place prepped galette in the fridge until you’re ready to bake)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Bake for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Allow to cool a few minutes before slicing. Serve immediately!