Baked Chickpea + Mushroom Shawarma Hummus Dip, Vegan + Easy Appetizer
Plan for: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tubs of 8oz HOPE Original Recipe Hummus, or one 15 oz tub
- 1 15oz can of Chickpeas– rinsed, drained and dried
- 8 oz of Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- Spices: ½ tsp cumin, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp coriander, ½ paprika. ½ tsp sea salt, ½ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp ground cloves,
- Kalamata olives – pitted, whole and sliced
- Non-dairy feta cheese (we like Violife!)
- Red onion, can use pickled, sliced thin
- English cucumber – chopped
- Cherry tomatoes- halved
- Fresh herbs, can use: parsley, dill, mint, cilantro
For the chickpea and mushroom shawarma: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix spices together and toss with rinsed and dried chickpeas and mushrooms along with 1 tbsp olive oil in a bowl until fully coated. Arrange in an even layer on a sheet pan and bake for 25-30 min or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Set aside.
For the baked hummus: In a baking dish or oven-safe tray, spread an even layer of Hope original hummus, top with cooked chickpea and mushroom shawarma, and feta cheese, bake for 10 min at 350 degrees until warmed through.
Assemble the dip: Layer on your remaining fresh ingredients—cucumber, tomato, olives, red onion, adding additional feta cheese and fresh herbs on top. Serve warm with chips, pita, or crackers!