Thai Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Plan for: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 15- ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp each cumin, coriander and paprika
Thai Hummus Sauce
1/4 cup Hope Foods Thai Coconut Curry hummus
juice of 1/2 lemon
3 cloves garlic, grated
water to thin
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ cup chopped cucumbers
1/4 cup chopped parsley, minced
2 tbsp lemon juice (approximately 1 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse and scrub potatoes and cut in half-length wise. This will speed cooking time. Otherwise leave whole and bake longer.
- Toss rinsed and drained chickpeas with olive oil and spices. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Rub the sweet potatoes with a bit of olive oil and place face down on the same baking sheet (or another baking sheet depending on size). Roast for approximately 25-30 minutes, turning once.
- While the sweet potatoes and chickpeas are roasting, prepare your sauce. Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl, only adding enough water to thin so it’s pourable. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Prepare the parsley-tomato salad by mixing tomato, cucumber, and parsley with lemon juice. Set aside
- For serving, flip potatoes flesh-side up, scooping out the insides a bit. Top with chickpeas, sauce and parsley-tomato garnish.
- Eat and Enjoy!
Recipe created by: @thecuttingveg