Mango Jalapeño Cauliflower Wings
Plan for: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
1 head cauliflower
1 cup gluten-free flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1-2 cups water
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powdersalt + pepper to taste
1 8oz tub Jalapeño Cilantro Hope Hummus
2 cups mango, frozen chunks
1/2 cup evoo
salt + pepper to taste
1/4 cup agave or raw maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Prep your cauliflower by washing and cutting into bite-size florets. The bigger the better!
- Measure and whisk together flours, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, adding water slowly until you reach a pancake batter-like consistency.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. One by one, dip each floret into the batter and gently tap off the excess on the side of your bowl. Transfer to the baking sheet and repeat until all of your batter and florets have been used up.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, flipping each wing halfway through. While your wings are baking, prep the sauce. Blend together hummus, evoo, mango, agave or maple syrup, salt and pepper, until sauce is runny and smooth.
- Remove your wings from the oven and transfer to a large bowl. Pour in your sauce and fold gently until each wing is coated. Transfer your wings back to your baking sheet and separate as needed. Bake again at 450°F for 5-10 minutes or until slightly sticky and very crispy. Serve warm with a side of extra dipping sauce, vegan ranch and celery sticks!