It’s no secret that we love food here at Hope Foods: our recipe catalog is as extensive as our hummus flavors. We’re major foodies – especially when it comes to this tasty chickpea-tahini dip. That’s why we love to experiment with the many different things you can use to dip hummus. Why use the same old, boring staples? Crackers are great, but they’re a bit lackluster. We love to try adding new ingredients to make new and exciting types of flavored humus – why not try dipping with non-traditional dipping instruments? Here is our complete foodie’s guide on what you can you dip in hummus. Now, try not to get too hungry while you read.
Top 10 Things to Dip in Hummus
1. The Healthy: Veggies
This dip is one of the best choices for people who are trying to eat healthy. That’s because it contains many of the nutrients (calcium, fiber, protein, and more) that your body needs! And, when you dip into it with veggies, you’re eating a portion of your vegetables for the day! Here are a few of the healthy things to dip in hummus.
- Carrots: These bright veggies (a favorite of Bugs Bunny) have many health benefits, including the ability to improve eyesight, ward off cancer, and relieve blood pressure. Carrot sticks and hummus are a staple for a reason – it’s tasty!
- Cucumbers: These veggies don’t get much credit, but they benefit the body in a variety of ways, including helping you stay hydrated, and strengthening your hair and nails!
- Broccoli: This green vegetable is a powerhouse of nutrients. It fights inflammation, is an antioxidant, and is full of fiber.
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower is an oft-overlooked veggie, but it’s full of great nutrients, like choline – which helps with memory, sleep, and more.
- Celery: This vegetable has a lot of scooping power (yay for more with every bite!), and also reduces bad cholesterol, lowers blood pressure, and fights cancer.
- Grape Tomatoes: A veritable explosion of flavor, grape tomatoes are rich in lycopene, Vitamin C, fiber, and more.
- Bell Peppers: Bell peppers contain Vitamin E, lutein (which benefits the eyes), and vitamin B6. They’re also super tasty when dipped in our wide variety of flavors!
2. The Bold: Salty & Snappy
We have many different flavors, and when you dip certain ingredients into them, they combine to create bold and tasty combinations! Here are a few of our favorite, bold, hummus dip ideas, for those who aren’t faint of heart, and enjoy a bit of audaciousness in their lives. Here are a few of the best things to dip in hummus.
- Pretzels & Our Dark Chocolate Flavor: The mix of salty and sweet is delectable – the perfect afternoon snack to satiate your sweet tooth.
- Tortilla Chips & Our Spicy Green Chile Guacamole Flavor: Guacamole and tortilla chips are a traditional treat, but when you spice it up with spicy green chili, it adds a bit of a kick!
- Jicama (a very unique veggie) and Our Sriracha Variety: Jicama is the perfect foundation for the savory-spice kick of sriracha!
- Naan Bread & Thai Coconut Curry Humus Naan bread is one of our favorite foods to dip in hummus. Serve it warm with our curry flavor and you’re in for a treat.
3. The Staples: Bread & Chips
These are the staples of the dipping instruments. These foods to dip in hummus are tried and true – popular for a reason. Sometimes, you just need to go back to the basics in life. Here are some of our favorite standbys (they’re always in our pantries).
- Pita Chips: These are our favorite vehicles for dip. They’re the perfect combination of savory flavor, with the crunch of a chip.
- Bread: Mmm, who doesn’t love bread that is soft on the outside, with a crunchy exterior? We love it dipped in our savory or sweet flavors.
- Sun Chips: These crinkly, tasty treats add a great crunch to each bite, and you can mix and match flavors for great combinations.
- Rice Crackers: When you want to really taste our flavored varieties, rice crackers are the best option – they let the dip be the star of the show.
- Bagel Chips: Bagel chips are a much heartier dipping item – perfect for our bold flavors, like our Jalapeno Cilantro.
4. The Sweet: Desserts
What can I dip in hummus? Something sweet! Most of us have a sweet tooth (those of us with a weakness for all things sweet are a bit jealous…but not too much – a life without chocolate sounds far too gloomy). Our humus comes in a few sweet varieties, which is a great option when you want to indulge that sweet tooth, but still eat healthy. These foods to dip in hummus are best when dipped into our chocolate or dark chocolate flavors.
- Strawberries: Nothing is more decedent than strawberries dipped in our sweet flavors. Think: chocolate fondue fountain, but for every day.
- Brownies: Double the chocolate, double the delicious. Dip in our Dark Chocolate Coconut for added lavishness.
- Marshmallows: These aren’t the least bit healthy, but when you pair it with our healthy, sweet flavors, at least one of the ingredients is good for you. Winning!
- Graham Crackers: When you’ve got graham crackers spread with our chocolate flavors , you’ve got the makings for a perfect dessert. Add in marshmallows and you’ve got a s’more without the hassle of camping.
Especially Creative Uses for Our Favorite Dip
While humus is traditionally a dip – but it doesn’t have to be. In fact, there are countless ways you can use our favorite dip without ever once dipping into it. Here are a few of our favorites of the best things to eat with hummus:
5. Sandwiches: Move over, mayonnaise – there’s a new spread in town. Traditional spreads like mayonnaise and mustard are a bit boring. Why not spread our flavored types on your bread to add flavor and create tasty combinations (like our Roasted Beet and Squash Sandwich)?
6. Soups: When you add a scoop into your soup, it adds a layer of savory deliciousness. Try our Roasted Creamy Cauliflower Soup, which uses our original flavor.
7. Baked Goods: Our dip can be used in a variety of baked goods! These Chocolate Swirl Donuts and Dark Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cake use our sweet flavors – yum!
8. Oats. Oats? Putting a chickpea dip in oats? Why, of course! Savory oats are not only delicious, they’re a great way to get healthy grains.
9. In Your Bloody Mary: Another unusual (but extremely tasty!) way to eat this tasty dip is in a Bloody Mary. Learn how here.
10. In Sauces: Our dip can really give your sauces the little kick of flavor they need. Here’s a sauce for green beans that uses our original recipe!
We have a wide variety of recipes that use humus. Cooking and baking with it opens up a whole new world of tasty options. What can you dip in hummus? Many things!
Foods to Dip in Hummus: The Possibilities are Endless
As you can see, hummus dip is one of the most versatile foods on the planet. It allows you to eat healthy, while also indulging your sweet tooth, waking up your taste buds with some spice, or simply enjoying a midday snack. We’ve come up with many ideas, but this only scratches the surface of the endless possibilities.
What do you like to use to dip hummus? Whether you choose healthy things to dip in hummus, or something indulgent, it’s still a healthy snack. We’re always looking for creative ideas – let us know in the comments! We’d love to update our complete foodie’s guide with exciting new options.