Spicy Black Bean + Avocado Savory Oats
Plan for: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo or chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Spicy Avocado Hope Hummus
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- cumin, sea salt + black pepper to taste
- optional garnishes: lime wedges and greek yogurt
- 1. Bring water, pico de gallo (or tomatoes) and beans to boil in medium saucepan. Add oats and simmer on medium heat until fully cooked.
- 2. Remove from heat and mix in hummus. Transfer to bowls and top with avocado, green onion, cilantro and seasonings. Serve warm any time of day!
You like this recipe? You might enjoy these as well!
Roasted Beet + Goat Cheese Savory Oats