Overnight Vanilla Bean French Toast Bake, Vegan + Dairy-Free
Plan for: 4 1/2 Hours or Overnight
Yield: 6 servings
1 loaf of crusty bread– stale, day-old is best
1 tub HOPE Vanilla Bean Cashew & Almond Dip (divided)
2 TBSP HOPE Vanilla Bean Cashew & Almond Dip
1 ½ C oat milk, or preferred dairy-free milk
12oz vegan egg substitute (we used JUST egg)
2 tbsp cinnamon
¼ C sugar, or coconut sugar
2 TBSP Vegan Butter
½ tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
Dairy-Free Whipped Cream
- Grease a 9×12 baking dish
- Cut the bread into cubes or keep as slices and fan out filling in any holes with leftover bread
- Make the custard: in a blender combine 2 tbsp HOPE Vanilla Bean Cashew & Almond Dip, oat milk, vegan egg substitute, cinnamon and sugar. Blend for about 10 seconds until combined
- Spread the remaining HOPE cashew & almond dip between the layers of bread. Then pour the custard mixture over the bread making sure all the bread is covered and absorbing the liquid. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375. Melt vegan butter, cinnamon and salt in a saucepan or in the microwave for 25 sec. Pour butter drizzle mixture over the bread and sprinkle with additional sugar (optional). Bake for 40 min or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve with fresh fruit, maple syrup and dairy-free whipped cream! YUM!