Ever have a tub of hummus in your fridge and wonder what you could do with it? Especially as different companies are offering so many varied flavors, this dip has become even more versatile in its uses and pairings. So many people use humus as an easy dipping snack for quick lunches or meals — and although the standard “veggie or cracker dip” is tried and true, we have a ton of ideas on things to eat with hummus, so you can dazzle your tastebuds with our favorite dip!
What to Serve with Hummus
At HOPE we work hard to find and create new things to eat with hummus, or including it in a recipe. Most of the recipes contained in this article are from our Instagram account or from those of our fabulous foodie friends. O@ur HOPE Instagram is frequently updated with delicious new recipes to inspire you with what goes good with hummus, so if you are interested in creations that will wow your guests and your palate, be sure to follow us at @hopefoods!
Rather than just list off what to serve with hummus, and what tastes good with hummus, we have separated our recipes into main categories of applications, with tasty examples of each use for prepared hummus. Enjoy!
One of the most popular prepared hummus uses is as a spread on sandwiches and wraps. It serves as a healthy replacement for mayonnaise or mustard, and adds a unique flavor to boot. Also make sure to check out “alternative toasts” made from sweet potato and eggplant!
- BREAKFAST TACOS with Sriracha Hummus, egg, veggies and cilantro sauce, by @fitandwellmedgal
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY TOAST with Dark Chocolate Coconut hummus and yogurt
- PITA WRAP with garden veggies
- BAGEL SANDWICH with cucumber, tomato, and egg, by @dani_nemeh
- VEGAN QUESADILLA with veggies and Jalapeño Cilantro hummus, by @emilieeats
- EGGPLANT TOAST with Original hummus, mushrooms, zucchini, and arugula
- SWEET POTATO TOASTS including Kale Pesto hummus and avocado, by @julia.the.rd.eats
- More SWEET POTATO TOASTS including Lemon Peppercorn hummus and red pepper flakes, by @eatthegains
Simple and easy nutritional bowls are a popular healthy treat, because you can throw in any tasty foods you want and enjoy all sorts of flavor combinations! This dip can liven up these satisfying meals in all sorts of ways. These are just a tiny sample of the creative bowls available check out our friends’ Instagram accounts for more!
- ROASTED VEGGIE BOWL with hummus, plantains, brussels, egg and carrots, by @bowlthoughts
- SPRING MACRO BOWL with Kale Pesto hummus, avo, couscous, and tons of garden veggies
- NOURISH BOWL with hummus, black-eyed peas, sweet potato, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, lettuce and avo, by @thecuttingveg
- POWER BOWL with hummus, salmon, buckwheat, avo, sauerkraut, and broccoli, by @berryavolicious
- CHOCOLATE CHERRY “NICE CREAM” BOWL with Dark Chocolate hummus, chia pudding, cacao macaroons, and rose petals
Would you ever imagine baking with hummus? We certainly have! Since HOPE unveiled our Dark Chocolate and Dark Chocolate Coconut hummus flavors, we have opened up a new world of what goes good with hummus, and we and others have had tons of fun baking up healthy and delicious treats.
- VEGAN DARK CHOCOLATE DONUTS with our tasty chocolate flavor
- VEGAN DARK CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE with Dark Chocolate hummus
- ALMOND JOY BROWNIES with Dark Chocolate Coconut hummus, by @rachlmansfield
- CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT BROWNIES with Dark Chocolate hummus, by @bwhitesides
While we are thinking outside the box, why not cook some food with this tasty dip as well? At the HOPE recipe section, we love getting creative with new recipes!
- KALE PESTO ZUCCHINI NOODLES with our Kale Pesto flavor
- MANGO JALAPEÑO CAULIFLOWER WINGS with Jalapeño Cilantro hummus
- ROASTED BEET AND GOAT CHEESE SAVORY OATS with our Original flavor
- SRIRACHA ROASTED CARROTS with our spicy sriracha flavored dip
Want More Ideas??
As one of the rising stars of the food world, humus has been increasingly talked about, experimented with, and used outside of traditional roles. There seems to be no limit to what tastes good with hummus! For even more mouth-watering ideas, check out these articles in BON APPETIT, SHAPE MAGAZINE, EPICURIOUS, and THE FOOD NETWORK. Between the amazing ideas on Instagram and at these publications, there is no shortage of ideas about what to eat with hummus.