Ever have a tub of hummus in your fridge and wonder what you could do with it? Especially as different companies are offering so many varied flavors, this dip has become even more versatile in its uses and pairings. So many people use humus as an easy dipping snack for quick lunches or meals — and although the standard “veggie or cracker dip” is tried and true, we have a ton of ideas on things to eat with hummus, so you can dazzle your tastebuds with our favorite dip!
What to Serve with Hummus
At HOPE we work hard to find and create new things to eat with hummus, or including it in a recipe. Most of the recipes contained in this article are from our Instagram account or from those of our fabulous foodie friends. O@ur HOPE Instagram is frequently updated with delicious new recipes to inspire you with what goes good with hummus, so if you are interested in creations that will wow your guests and your palate, be sure to follow us at @hopefoods!
Rather than just list off what to serve with hummus, and what tastes good with hummus, we have separated our recipes into main categories of applications, with tasty examples of each use for this yummy dip. Enjoy!
One of the most popular uses is as a spread on sandwiches and wraps. It serves as a healthy replacement for mayonnaise or mustard, and adds a unique flavor to boot. Also make sure to check out “alternative toasts” made from sweet potato and eggplant!
2. CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY TOAST with our Dark Chocolate Coconut dip and yogurt
3. PITA WRAP with garden veggies
6. EGGPLANT TOAST with our Original dip, mushrooms, zucchini, and arugula
Simple and easy nutritional bowls are a popular healthy treat, because you can throw in any tasty foods you want and enjoy all sorts of flavor combinations! This dip can liven up these satisfying meals in all sorts of ways. These are just a tiny sample of the creative bowls available check out our friends’ Instagram accounts for more!
10. SPRING MACRO BOWL with Kale Pesto humus, avo, couscous, and tons of garden veggies
13. CHOCOLATE CHERRY “NICE CREAM” BOWL with Dark Chocolate hummus, chia pudding, cacao macaroons, and rose petals
Would you ever imagine baking with hummus? We certainly have! Since HOPE unveiled our Dark Chocolate and Dark Chocolate Coconut hummus flavors, we have opened up a new world of what goes good with hummus, and we and others have had tons of fun baking up healthy and delicious treats.
14. VEGAN DARK CHOCOLATE DONUTS with our tasty chocolate flavor
15. VEGAN DARK CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE with our Dark Chocolate flavor
While we are thinking outside the box, why not cook some food with this tasty dip as well? At the HOPE recipe section, we love getting creative with new recipes!
18. KALE PESTO ZUCCHINI NOODLES with our Kale Pesto flavor
19. MANGO JALAPEÑO CAULIFLOWER WINGS with Jalapeño Cilantro hummus
20. ROASTED BEET AND GOAT CHEESE SAVORY OATS with our Original flavor
21. SRIRACHA ROASTED CARROTS with our spicy sriracha flavored dip
What to Eat Hummus With
We’ve covered some recipes, but we need to get back to basics, sometimes. Here are a few questions we often get:
- “What to eat with hummus dip?”
- “What to have with hummus?”
- “What’s good with hummus?”
- “What to eat hummus dip with?”
- “What to eat hummus with?
- “What are some healthy things to eat with hummus?”
The best answer to this is: Get creative! What foods do you normally eat? Try swapping out your normal sauce with our yummy dip, and let your taste buds determine which one is better. Some of the best foods to eat with hummus are the ones that are unlikely:
22. Graham crackers? Try them in our sweet flavors.
23. Hard boiled eggs? Mix it with one of our spicy flavors, and you’ve got a delicious take on egg salad.
Pretty much anything that is dipp-able can be dipped into humus. And, we guarantee, it will probably be delicious. Also, our dip dresses up any veggie – which gives you some healthy things to eat with hummus that will benefit your waistline as well.
24. Veggies: Carrots, celery, green and red bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, you name it – can be dipped. It’s a great way to add veggies to your diet without getting bored.
25. Additionally, it dresses up healthy grains as well. Try using a tasty flavor on your sandwich, instead of traditional mayo. Or, just dip your wholegrain chips or pita bread in it for a great snack.
The options are endless on things to eat hummus with. Just get creative, and start snacking!
Want More Ideas??
As one of the rising stars of the food world, humus has been increasingly talked about, experimented with, and used outside of traditional roles. There seems to be no limit to what tastes good with hummus! For even more mouth-watering ideas, check out these articles in BON APPETIT, SHAPE MAGAZINE, EPICURIOUS, and THE FOOD NETWORK. Between the amazing ideas on Instagram and at these publications, there is no shortage of ideas about what to eat with hummus.